NexoPOS isn’t just a point of sale. It also has the advantage of having many features including reports. One of them is the inventory tracking report. It’s very helpfully for all Shop owner in order to check his stock in real time. Today, we’ll see how the inventory tracking report works.
Inventory Tracking Report : presentation and how it works
We’ll cover this tutorial in two parts. In the first part, we will present the inventory report. And in the second, we’ll talk about how it works.
First of all, the inventory tracking report allows you to view the flow of the incoming and outgoing inventory, for a specific time range with the value of the stock. You can access it from the aside menu of NexoPOS. So, on the “Reports” menu, click on the “Inventory tracking sheet” sub menu.
Once on the stock tracker page, you will see two (02) fields to fill as well as two buttons and a table where the results are displayed.
- The “Start date” field allows you to set the starting date of tracking.
- The “End date” field allows you to set the ending date of tracking.
- The “Generate report” button allows you to display the results on the table below.
- The “Table” where the results are displayed. Thus, for each category of product, you’ll have on the one hand the indications on the quantity of the incoming stock (It’s the stock to sell) and the numerical value of this stock for the period followed. And on the other hand the quantity of outgoing stock (This is the stock sold) and the cash value of this stock for the monitoring period.
- The “Print” button let you print the inventory tracking report of the specific period.
How it works
The operating principle of the stock inventory report is quite simple. Once you have chosen the follow-up period, you can generate the report. If there is not results, then you probably haven’t made any supplies or sales of any products included on the shown categories. You should also understand that only child categories directly related to the products are visible in this report. (For more explanation please follow the link on how to create a category).
So, you can define the period of analysis. For this case, we’ll set three (3) months (November 1st to February 1st). You can either write it on the field provided for this purpose or select a date on the calendar. Then click on the “Generate Report” button.
Initial analyzes show that for this period, there was no inbound stock. However, there were sales for the same period. For example, the sale of 12 pairs of shoes worth € 515.88.
And for printing, you can either click on the “Print” button or use “CTRL+P” keyboard shortcut in your browser (Chrome, Firefox).
The Inventory tracking is a useful report in a stock management for any shop owner. With this feature,You can check the fluctuations of your stock for a given period. So, you might print the report after you had generate it. If you have any issue during the process, please let us know at [email protected], or by commenting the tutorial.