Modifiers are groups of items that are assigned to a product to add more details on an order, such as desired cheese or cooking temperature. Gastro offers you this feature. So you’ll learn in this tutorial how to create, to edit and to delete modifiers.
How to create modifiers on Gastro
In order to create modifiers on Gastro, click on the menu “Inventory” and select the submenu “Modifiers”. On this page, you’ll see on the right top, the “Add modifiers” button.
Let’s explore the creation steps. The “Add modifiers” page has five fields.
- The field “Name” which is a mandatory field. It allows you to name the modifiers.
- The “Group” field where you assign a modifier to a group. It’s a mandatory field. Please follow this link to know how to create a modifiers group on Gastro.
- The “Default” field: makes the modifier to be selected by default. If there is already a default modifier, setting this as “default” will replace the previous default modifier.
- The “Price” field: Here, you give an amount for your modifiers.
- The “Description” field. let you provide more information on the modifier.
You also have a button such as the “Upload a file” button that allows you to link an image on your modifier. Otherwise, you have the “Save” button to save your data and move to new data entry. There is also the “Save and return to the list” button to save and go to the list of modifiers. And finally, the “Cancel” button to reset the form.
Finally, you’ll see your list of modifiers similar to this :
How to edit modifiers
We’ll show you how to edit modifiers. In order to do that, you must go to the “Modifiers List” page. Make a quick search for modifiers to edit, then select your entry and click on the “Options” button and select the “Edit modifiers” option. Once on the page, make any changes that you think are necessary. Don’t forget to save your data at the end.
How to delete modifiers
In order to delete modifiers, you need to access the “Modifiers list” which shows all the modifiers available. This page allows you to delete modifiers in 3 different ways. You should note that, for all these cases, you’ll always have to confirm your action.
How to bulk delete modifiers
Make a simultaneous selection of all the modifiers on the table (1) then click on “Delete selected” button (2). Also, note that you can display more entries on the table if you want to delete more modifiers.
How to delete multiple modifiers
Here, you can delete one or more modifiers from the table.
How to delete a single modifier
By clicking on the “Options” button on the far right of your page, you have the “Delete modifiers” option to delete a modifier.
An error message appears, prompting the user to check the fields when :
- You create a modifier already in use (The creation will fail).
- Entering data for a modifier, if you forget to fill in the required fields (The creation will fail).
Creating a modifier on Gastro allows you to manage efficiently customers preferences. You can make it from the Inventory menu. The most important field is the group of the new modifier, but don’t hesitate to provide more information for your modifier. If you have any issue during the process, please let us know at [email protected], or by commenting on the tutorial.