Cashiers are responsible of selling goods in return for a payment (usually). Often on groceries stores, they are assigned to a register where they can execute their daily task :
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
During their working session, the store owner will need : to have an overview of what are the sales made by the cashier; the amount entered at the beginning and the end of the shift in comparison with the expected amount. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to track the cashier activity in detail on NexoPOS.
How to enable the user session monitor on NexoPOS
In order to use that feature, you need to access to the checkout settings (a sub menu of NexoPOS Settings). Then once on the checkout settings, click on “registers” tab.
From here, you need to make sure the registers feature is enabled. Enabling the registers enable new settings such as “user sessions” and “cashier idle time“. Here is in what both consist :
- Enable Users Sessions : helps you to compute working time of a cashier. This is useful if you pay your cashier based on their working time.
- Cashier Idle Time: let you determine after how many minute the working time counter should stop, basically because of inactivity of the cashier.
Once you’ve set that, you’re ready to read the dedicated report.
How to monitor the working hours and more
NexoPOS ship a dedicated report which let you see the working hours of a cashier and what is the closing balance entered by the cashier along with the expected amount based on the sales made. Let’s access to the report. Click on Reports then User History Report.
This report is quite easy to understand. The report let you select for which cashier would you like to display the report. So you can select a cashier, a register and a time range.
Once set, click on “Generate Report“. This should create a section of boxes with daily informations such as follow :
The report can also show when the user is working or not.
That’s is basically how this feature works on NexoPOS. Let’s us know is it doesn’t work as expected on your system.