Around the world, restoration is considered a noble and rewarding profession. Although it’s true that having some experience and qualifications in the field is a major asset, the fact remains that with a good action plan, it is an area open to anyone motivated. So, do you want to open your restaurant? We’ll show you in a few simple steps the way of the achievement of your dream.
Step 1: The right questions
Having a restaurant idea is one, but setting it up is another. Also to go from a simple dream to reality, you must first ask yourself the right questions. To avoid bankruptcy, you must ask yourself these questions:
- Why a restaurant and not another business?
- Do you have the required skills in business management?
- Is your personal life in line with your professional goals?
Step 2: Developing the concept
There are two ways to find a good restaurant concept:
- Have you ever heard of the famous assertion “The offer creates its demand”? Indeed it is about creating an original concept peculiar to you. It can be related to your travel experiences, your origins or simply your tastes. It is quite risky as a concept in the measure where it does not guarantee you success.
- On the other hand, the other less risky vision is to analyze the market to seize opportunities such as unmet demand, for example, a chic restaurant or a fast food restaurant.
Once your concept is established, the main work will be to define the name of your restaurant, choose the location of your restaurant, choose the menu and drinks, develop your price list, choose the atmosphere and decoration of your restaurant, and above all to install an POS (Point Of Sale) system for optimal monitoring of your business. As for the last element, we offer software solutions tailored to your needs. Visit our website for more information.
Step 3: Realization of a market study
Market research is a crucial step in the materialization of your restaurant idea. Indeed it helps you to determine the viability of your project. For that, you have to go to the field. For example, you can survey the different consumption habits, the budget and the profile of potential customers in your area, or count the restaurants competing in the area (Where are they located? they like dishes …). Thanks to this information you’ll not only gauge your competitors but also you will know the expectations of the customers. The purpose of this study is to determine the opportunity to lead such a project.
Step 4: Choose your location
Once the market analysis is complete, the choice of the location corresponding to your targeted customers is just as important as the quality of the dishes you serve. The key to good positioning rests on two essential elements:
- Accessibility: The restaurant must be close to a busy road.
- Parking: Sufficient availability of parking spaces.
- Setting: The restaurant area should be spacious and well ventilated. And especially the distribution of spaces. We advise you to book 55% for the dining room, 25% for administrative and private rooms, and 20% for cooking.
Step 5: Choosing the right application
It’s no more useful to mention how important it’s to use a point of sale application for your restaurant. If you’re getting started, you should use a system very easy to use and which could let you waiters getting started in no times. Gastro is the extension of NexoPOS which could fit your business requirements.
It offers the following key features :
- Table management (with timer)
- Kitchen management (multiple kitchens)
- Modifiers so that your customer could customize their meals
- Waiters and chef roles (with dedicated screens)
The most important to mention here is that Gastro is also compatible with all NexoPOS features.