The self Order Kiosk is another module made for restaurant where customers can order by their own. This module offer a UI with simplified controls which let the customer focus on what he really need (the meals). This tutorial will let you know how to configure the module and start using it. Before stepping in the heart of the tutorials, we’ll show you first what are the feautre of the module.
Features of Self Order Kiosk
- Allow customer to login/register before proceeding to order
- All orders are automatically assigned to the logged customers
- All orders send to the kitchen aren’t available at the kitchen unless the order is paid.
- The Kiosk offer a fast category and item exploration similar to exploring folders
- The Kiosk is compatible with Gastro modifiers
- No table seat needed (might change with updates).
How to install Self Order Kiosk
We won’t cover here how to install Self Order kiosk. Since it’s a Tendoo CMS module, you can install it following the module installation tutorial. Once the module has been installed, 2 new columns will be added to the customers table of the main store (with the multistore disabled). These columns are “username” and “password”, used to authenticate each customers.
How to setup Self Order Kiosk
After the installation of the module, a new menu will be added to the NexoPOS settings. This menu is “SOK Settings”.
This takes you to the settings page where you can configure the following options :
- Order Author : NexoPOS require each order to be assigned to a user (registered on the system). You can then define here to which user each order will be assigned to. By default the orders are assigned to the master user.
- Default Table : Gastro require each order to be placed on a table. You can then define to which table the order will be placed. This mean that you need to create at least one table on Gastro.
- Default Timeout : Everytime the customer place an order and send that to the kitchen, he’s invited to order again. This popup hide and logout the customer after the timeout. You can then set the timeout here (in milliseconds: 1000 = 1 sec).
- Homepage Title : This option let you define the homepage title.
- Nexo Print URL: the URL to access to Nexo Print Server in order to print the receipt
- Print: select which printer should be used for the kiosk
The Kiosk Explained
This kiosk is divided as on the regular POS UI. On the first column (left) there is the card and the card controls with on top the login and the registration button.
The cart has actually 2 controls : To Checkout and Cancel. To Checkout save the order as a quote order. Cancel basically remove all added items and disconnect the user.
The right column has the product grid, the seats button and the breadcrumbs. Since there is not need to set used table, only seats are used then. Click on “Define Seats” to define how many people will join the party. The breadcrumbs actually let you explore more faster the categories opened. If your system has a multi-level categories, this might be help full to return to the root in just one click.
If the product has a modifiers, a popup will be open with the detais of the modifiers which needs to be selected.
The same rule applied on Gastro modifiers groups works here. Some modifiers group can be required or their can be skipped and some modifiers groups can be multiselectable or single select (for choosing size for example).
Once the all the items are added to the cart, the customer just have to click on “To Checkout“.